How does Cryptosense Analyzer Work?
Cryptosense Analyzer Platform assesses applications by examining all cryptographic operations.
- Our Tracer Agent attaches to a running application (either in Dev or Prod) and records all calls to the crypto library in a Trace file.
- You then upload the Trace file to the Cryptosense Analyzer platform where the trace is analyzed using our proprietary analysis algorithms and unique rule base.
- Analyzer shows where in the stacktrace vulnerabilities have been found and suggests remediations.
Our last 5 deployments averaged 868 instances per application across 9 different findings, with more than 8 findings being classed as high or medium criticality. We found less than 1 false positive.
Common Questions about Analyzer
How can I get Cryptosense Analyzer?
Cryptosense Analyzer is available in SaaS edition or as an on-premise installation. Licensing is by annual subscription, per application. For a quote for a pricing quote please get in touch.
Which APIs do you support?
– Java (JCE/JCA and any provider including OpenJDK, Hotspot, Bouncycastle etc.)
– .NET (Framework or Core)
– OpenSSL (libssl and libcrypto)
How do I know if I need to use Cryptosense Analyzer?
If you’re not sure how much cryptography is in your applications, you can use our Cryptosense Analyzer Static Scanner tool to scan code for calls to crypto functions. It can be used to find out how much cryptography is called in an application, or to evaluate the degree to which a trace recorded by our agents covers all the cryptography in an application.
What types of flaws can Cryptosense Analyzer find?
– Incorrect choice of parameters to cryptographic functions
– Inappropriate combinations of cryptographic operations
– Incorrect use of randomness
– Weak cryptographic keys
– Weak passwords
– Weak password-based key deriviation
– Key management vulnerabilities
– Inappropriate key-lengths and group parameters
– Weak cryptographic algorithms
– Implementation vulnerabilities in cryptographic libraries
I’m not a cryptography expert, will I understand the results?
We provide extensive support and detailed documentation to help you get the most from your analysis. Cryptosense Knowledge Base is a rich source of detailed information about Symmetric and Asymmetric Algorithms, Padding Modes, Cryptographic Attacks and Key Management. Request a demo to see a typical Analyzer output.