We take software engineer interns for a minimum period of 10 weeks, most internships last from 4-6 months.
The project you will work on during your internship depends on your skills and experience. Some recent examples are:
- Implement new cryptography validation from recent academic literature
- Add a REST API to an existing product
- Write and deploy a new CLI tool to our customers
- Create an analytics tool to help customers visualize their cryptographic usage
- Make a reactive webapp for our customers to use
In all cases, you will be expected to design, implement and test a solution to a real-world problem. You will need to evaluate the various technologies that can be used and decide on which one is best for us. Where possible, we make use of open source: ideally the project would involve a chance to contribute something back to the community.
You can find out more about the kinds of problems our software addresses on the company blog, or our Youtube channel, where Cryptosense CEO Graham Steel explains various difficulties of cryptography when put into practice.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a university student or recent graduate with a strong academic record. Prior software engineering experience is preferred, but not required. You must have a strong willingness to learn about cryptography and be motivated by working as part of a team.
Development at Cryptosense
Cryptosense was born out of one of the top academic applied cryptography research labs in the world. Technology is at the heart of everything we do, and the quality of our development team is our advantage.
At Cryptosense, we encourage developers to be autonomous and take ownership of problems, as well as fostering a culture of team spirit and knowledge sharing. We review each other’s code, and look to help everyone learn new skills. We organize weekly “tech talks” and send developers to technical events.
- You will have a chance to make a real difference our product – no “science projects”, no making the tea
- We work with interesting applications of complex technology
- Focus on personal development: you will chance to learn new software languages and programming techniques
- We have a good team ethos, with regular team-building events
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of being hired at the end of your internship
- Chance to live and work in Paris – we are happy to help with visa and accommodation admin if needed.
How to Apply
Our interview process for developers includes an informal chat and a programming test. The first stage can be conducted remotely if necessary, with a possible face-to-face interview to follow, for which we will cover your travel expenses.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Note that you must be comfortable working in English.
To apply, send a CV to email@example.com.